WordPress Developer (Kickstart Scheme)
We’re super excited to be able to offer a Junior WordPress Developer role under the Kickstart Scheme.
As a WordPress Developer at our company, you will help to inform and shape the development of our current website and blog.
The candidate should have an understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment, and best practices.
- Able to demonstrate experience in development of WordPress websites
- Strong knowledge of the WordPress platform (plugin development advantageous)
- Good understanding of PHP back-end development
- Have a good understanding of UX/UI Design
- Familiarity with MySQL database
- Liaise with management and provide clear solutions for consideration
- Able to estimate project timeline accurately and stick to deadlines
- Carry out final functional tests to ensure quality is maintained
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
What you’ll get
- 25 hours per week, flexible working pattern. Great opportunity for budding entrepreneurs – we will actively support your startup idea and help you develop it alongside the day job.
- National minimum/living wage.
- 6 months duration with potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
- Remote working with opportunity to meet once a week in Manchester.
You’ll also be provided with essential employability skills to support you beyond the Kickstart Programme. CENTRIC HR Ltd will help you develop the following skills as part of a wraparound support and care package:
- Manage employer expectations in a working environment
- Self-awareness and action planning
- CV writing and CV development
- Job applications and online search
- Interview technique with mock interview and feedback
- Preparation and practice to develop individual skills such as Teamwork; Effective communications; Time Management; Statutory and mandatory awareness for GDPR and Health & Safety at work
These will be delivered through a combination of webinars, eLearning, online learning and Microsoft Teams. Sessions will be scheduled regularly throughout the 6 month placement.
In addition, placements will also receive individual coaching support with feedback from a designated fully trained mentor. A Kickstart Administrator will monitor progress of each placement and feedback to their coach accordingly.
How to apply
You must be aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit to be eligible for this Kickstart role.
Please email your CV and cover letter with links to examples of your work, with the subject line “Kickstart WP Developer Role” to [email protected] by Feb 28th 2022.