UX Researcher (Kickstart scheme)
We’re super excited to be able to offer a User Experience (UX) Researcher role under the Kickstart Scheme.
As a UX Researcher at our company, you will help to provide valuable insight and data to inform and shape product development.
- Working closely with marketing and product management to identify research topics
- Planning and execution of user research strategy and methods
- Participate in recruitment activities for user research
- Researching and understanding customer personas and investigating buyer behavior
- Leading users through pilots and collating feedback
- Summarising and presenting results from research data
We’re looking for someone keen to kickstart their career in user research and develop their understanding in what makes good UX. You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who has great attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with a young tech startup company – Sweqlink is the first online marketplace for sweat equity opportunities, bringing together visionaries and talent to make ideas happen. We’re on a mission to democratize startup entrepreneurship and startup investment.
We welcome and encourage applications from suitable applicants whatever their background, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race, and religion.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- Organised, critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable launching and iterating quickly
- Comfortable interpreting and presenting data
- Excellent spreadsheet and graphing skills
- Good with technology, able to learn how to use platforms fast
- Good understanding of what makes good or bad user experience design
- Experience conducting user research would be a strong advantage
- Experience with qualitative and user-centred design methodologies would be a strong advantage
What you’ll get
- 25 hours per week, flexible working pattern. Great opportunity for budding entrepreneurs – we will actively support your startup idea and help you develop it alongside the day job.
- National minimum/living wage.
- 6 months duration with potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
- Remote working with opportunity to meet once a week in Manchester.
You’ll also be provided with essential employability skills to support you beyond the Kickstart Programme. CENTRIC HR Ltd will help you develop the following skills as part of a wraparound support and care package:
- Manage employer expectations in a working environment
- Self-awareness and action planning
- CV writing and CV development
- Job applications and online search
- Interview technique with mock interview and feedback
- Preparation and practice to develop individual skills such as Teamwork; Effective communications; Time Management; Statutory and mandatory awareness for GDPR and Health & Safety at work
These will be delivered through a combination of webinars, eLearning, online learning and Microsoft Teams. Sessions will be scheduled regularly throughout the 6 month placement.
In addition, placements will also receive individual coaching support with feedback from a designated fully trained mentor. A Kickstart Administrator will monitor progress of each placement and feedback to their coach accordingly.
How to apply
You must be aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit to be eligible for this Kickstart role.
Please email your cover letter and CV, with the subject line “Kickstart UX Researcher Role” to [email protected] by Oct 18th 2021.