Marketing Assistant (Kickstart scheme)
We’re super excited to be able to offer a Marketing Assistant role under the Kickstart Scheme. As Marketing Assistant you’ll be helping to develop outbound campaigns and marketing strategies, most of which will be digital.
- writing content
- planning and executing email campaigns
- social media activities
- market research functions e.g. surveys and polls, reporting on results
- other promotional activities e.g. networking, community engagement & PR
The Marketing Assistant will communicate directly with customers and potential customers to encourage trusting relationships across our email and social channels. Access to online training programmes will be provided.
We’re looking for someone keen to develop their business acumen, entrepreneurship and digital marketing skills – an enthusiastic self-starter with great attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and grow with a young tech startup company. Sweqlink is the first online marketplace for sweat equity opportunities, we bring together visionaries and talent to make ideas happen. We’re on a mission to democratize startup entrepreneurship and startup investment.
We welcome and encourage applications from suitable applicants whatever their background, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race, and religion.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- Good understanding of business and marketing principles
- Well-organized and able to work to deadlines
- Customer-oriented in approach with excellent people skills
- Good with technology, able to learn how to use platforms fast
- Basic understanding of how to use social media channels
- Training, experience or qualification in Marketing, Business or relevant field is a strong advantage
- Demonstrable creative ability a strong advantage (e.g. examples of work)
What you’ll get
- 25 hours per week, flexible working pattern. Great opportunity for budding entrepreneurs – we will actively support your startup idea and help you develop it alongside the day job.
- National minimum/living wage.
- 6 months duration with potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
- Remote working with opportunity to meet once a week in Manchester.
You’ll also be provided with essential employability skills to support you beyond the Kickstart Programme. CENTRIC HR Ltd will help you develop the following skills as part of a wraparound support and care package:
- Manage employer expectations in a working environment
- Self-awareness and action planning
- CV writing and CV development
- Job applications and online search
- Interview technique with mock interview and feedback
- Preparation and practice to develop individual skills such as Teamwork; Effective communications; Time Management; Statutory and mandatory awareness for GDPR and Health & Safety at work
These will be delivered through a combination of webinars, eLearning, online learning and Microsoft Teams. Sessions will be scheduled regularly throughout the 6 month placement.
In addition, placements will also receive individual coaching support with feedback from a designated fully trained mentor. A Kickstart Administrator will monitor progress of each placement and feedback to their coach accordingly.
How to apply
You must be aged 16-24 and claiming Universal Credit to be eligible for this Kickstart role.
Please email your cover letter and CV, with the subject line “Kickstart Marketing Assistant Role” to [email protected] by Oct 18th 2021.